Monday, 6 January 2014

CCM&M Challenge #107: Bear With Me

So it's the first full week of 2014 and the first challenge of the year at Crafty Cardmakers and More! We have a new(ish) name and some new challenges in store for this year please check out this post for more details.


The first challenge of the year is actually hosted by Me and I would like to see creations that feature bears. The main focus of the card must be a bear and can be a teddy bear or a more realistic bear I don't mind as long as it's a bear and it's the focus of your creation

Along with new challenges we have some new sponsors this year and this challenge is being sponsored by

 

Flourish with a Bling is an Australian retail and wholesale company, owned by Lucy Patrick, Kate Settineri and Maggie Lloyd who are three passionate and avid crafting mums with a love for design, colour and everything Bling!

 “Our aim is to bring more colour and variety into the world of flourishes and embellishments. With our unique designs and new materials we feel we are putting the ‘Bling into Scrapbooking’. We have a beautiful range of flourishes, vines, pearls, gems and more. And just recently, Flourish with a Bling have introduced their own range of gorgeous flowers.”

 They also sell fabulous themed packs at amazing prices. They have flat rate postage within Australia and also post internationally (half price shipping for large orders). You can contact them or find all their products on their easy-to-use website www.flourishwithabling.com.au.

 Don’t forget to check out their facebook page for random giveaways and visit the blog to win monthly challenges or visit their gallery for inspiration and ideas too.

I've had a good nosey around the site and they have gorgeous embellishments, plus their gallery has some wonderful inspiration for you. 



Onto my card. I wanted to try something a bit different so I've used a die that I won ages ago and have never used so, here is my creation
 
Go Kreate - Boo to You (bear)
Clearly Besotted - Make a Wish (balloons)
Papers - Making Memories: Watercolor Collection Fuschia: Funky Swirls\Ribbon Plaid
 Greeting and pearls from my stash 
 A little close up of Boo

I cut Boo out from Kraft card and the balloons from some metallic Bazzil type card I have in my stash. To make Boo stand out a bit more I went round the edge with some Vintage Photo DI and curved him to make him 3Dish (I like his round belly). I did the same with the balloons using Victorian Velvet DI. The balloon strings are hand drawn and the the greeting is one I found clearing up my living room on Saturday! Rather embarrassingly my house has several deposits of crafting stash in strange places.
So, I do hope that you will join in with our first challenge I'd be very glad if you took up my challenge. Don't forget to check out the other members of the DT to get further inspiration. Finally, thank you for popping by to see me.

6 comments:

Kim x said...

Fab challenge Feebsy. I love your cute bear.
Hugs Kimx

Josephine said...

Beautiful! Love those die cuts, and you've used a brand I've never even heard of. I didn't think there were any of those!

Vicky said...

Utterly gorgeous as always hun...:o)

hope you are well and the biggest of crafty hugs Vicky xx

Papercraft By Carole said...

What a fab die. Makes such a cute teddy. Love the colours too. Thanks for the challenge. Cxx

baileyrosy.com said...

Happy new year Feebsy. What a gorgeous card and such a cutie pie I love his little round belly too and those balloons are fantastic. Look forward to working with you again at CCM and More.

Marie

coops said...

so gorgeous feebs.fab pretty design and the bear is adorable :D

xx coops xx